Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Duh!


Well, it wasn't a transatlantic journey or anything like that but I did it. I found Daniel Pinkwater. You remember Mr. Pinkwater right? The man who wrote The Big Orange Splot? (See first post)
Truth be told, I wasn't even actually looking for him at the moment I found him. He kinda found me instead. I think it was the eyes. I was heading out of the children's section of a favorite local bookstore when our eyes met. I must admit after reading the back cover of the book and realizing he's the author of MORE THAN 90 CHILDREN'S BOOKS, I felt a little *sigh* less like an aspiring picture book writer and a little more like a giant loser. How I missed him, I couldn't dwell upon for long though. Just passin' through "Loserville". I couldn't stay for long because Mr. Pinkwater was watching. And I'm listened to him. Both literally and figuratively. You see, I bought the book and it included a CD. The book Polka-Bats and Octopus Slacks is by Calef Brown. I'm a huge fan of his illustrations but he authors this book as well so, all in all, it's a triple bonus. Mr. Pinkwater reads Mr. Brown's stories and I get to read long as I listen over and over and over.....

No comments:

Post a Comment