Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hey You Guys!

As a writer, I'm not shy about sharing my passion for writing with others. Specifically, kids. So when I found out that PBS would be carrying on the recently expired Reading Rainbow's Young Writer's and Illustrator's Contest, it was a good, good day. Like a day at the beach with no sunburn kinda good. A day when you get something other than junk or bills in your mail. A day....okay, you get the picture. You can find the details of the contest here - http://pbskids.org/writerscontest/?campaign=go_vndr (share, share, share!)

This contest got me to thinkin'....
If you were to have a book of your very own published, what would your dedication page say? Would you be decidedly serious and share your heartfelt thanks to someone special?
Would your funny bone be in the spotlight?
Would the message be written in secret code?
Tell me, tell me, tell me!
I'd love to know....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks - going to check out that site.

    Well, my dedication page would be serious, hopefully with a little humor built in. But I would undoubtedly dedicate it to my children!!! But especially my little girl, who is my true inspiration. She takes after me with her love of reading. My son, nope. So I would have to be careful with my dedication. hmmmmm, probably not so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really something to think about huh? I never considered it to be such a challenge until recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably have to dedicate the first book to my husband for his constant support. The second would go to the kids;)

    Thanks for the info- am going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete