Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I AM A WRITER! (not a photographer)


Tis the captivating capital of the great state of Texas you see before you. It was host to the Texas Book Festival I recently dragged my family to one fabulous fall day not so long ago. That's the festival map out in front of the colossal building. I'd never been to the festival before so, like most other first-time stuff, I was a bit overwhelmed. The good kind of being overwhelmed though. So much to see and do. Author signings. Children's activities. Food. No parking. And bazillions of books. Yeeeessss. I had several brief moments when I considered meandering through the crowds and assuring the visitors (the sweet natured ones anyway) I would be back to sign a heaping stack of my own books very soon. No worries. Well, at the very least, just considering it all put a smile on my face. I decided in the end not to pester Nana and her two sisters. Back to work....


4 comments:

  1. I love that your family went with you. I can't wait to visit your booth;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So while I was reading your post, I could easily picture the scene: you, a pen, and a stack of books to sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the smell? That delicious and enticing NEW BOOK scent. I love sniffing in between the pages of a first cracked book.

    ReplyDelete