Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Max


Yep. That's a pumpkin. The kids' dining hall at school had a pumpkin decorating contest and a couple of brilliant moms and I got together and entered this guy for my 1st graders class. Sam my just-throw-somethin'-at-me-and-watch-me-go husband built the boat. Max is currently positioned a top the milk cooler in the dining hall (better known as "where the wild things are"). I'm normally not fond of mentioning pumpkins and fuzz in the same sentence but this is an exception. Sendak never ceases to inspire....

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely! How did the children react?

    Have you seen the movie? *Curious*

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so proud to call it their own! I have not seen the movie....still trying to decide yes or no. You?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet. I think I will, though to be honest, I am probably the only adult you got scared by the original illustrations. The children I read the story to were perfectly fine. Go figure... :-)

    ReplyDelete