Friday, November 20, 2009

psst....Philomel....over here....

I'm pooped. The annual scholastic book fair completed its week long run at my kids school today. Everyone there was very gracious to let me be in the mix of it all in the library for extended amounts of time (considering I ate my fair share of Krispy Kreme too). I took advantage of the time to watch and listen to kids and parents. What books they were looking for. What caught their eye. What didn't. What selections they made. It might have been borderline creepy had I been in a different environment. No one seemed to have issue enabling me though. I was thankful. At one point I swore I drifted off into a dream sequence of sorts - there I was standing before an entire display case of carefully arranged hardback copies of....Philomel, are you listening? I'm over here!

3 comments:

  1. You know what they did to me...it hurts just to read their name...you should dreams sequence another, Penguin maybe?

    Do you know that I avoid bookstores because I am so worried about seeing "THAT" book?

    ReplyDelete