Monday, January 25, 2010

Now THAT'S depressing

Today is the most depressing day of the year. Seriously. That's what all the professionals tell us. The last Monday in the month of January is traditionally known as the most depressing day of the year. The decorations are down, the debt once again becomes apparent, and...I refuse to continue. It's depressing. BUT there are those days (take for instance, my older sister in the midst of one of those days on the left). AND there are better days too (I offer again, as example, the antiquated photo to the left where a giant grin seems to have plastered itself upon my face after swiftly circling in the tropical air just above my head for what seemed like an eternity). Personally, I'm more fond of National Pizza without Anchovies Day but, hey, I'm gonna just roll with the punches. After all, yesterday our local paper ran a story I wrote (the non depressing and non fictional kind)....

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering why my day was coloured extra blue!

    AND

    Congrats on your story being published!
    It was excellent and reminded me of my own slight fobia of voting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been my month, but alas, Feb. will be here soon. Wonderful story - I especially love the bit about how being in a comfortable place helped overcome the fear. That scenario made me smile, my library is my second home. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post!

    Interestingly, I wasn't hit by the last-Monday-of-January depression. My day wasn't any different: just filled with lots to do, as usual. :) If on top of that I have fun doing it, all the better.

    And big congrats on the story!!!

    Hm, when is National Pizza Without Anchovy Day?

    ReplyDelete