Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let us Give Thanks

I'm not waiting for November. I'm giving out great thanks - TODAY. Sooooo many reasons but three in particular....

#1. Rain. I didn't think I'd recognize it. It's been far too long. There has been no measurable rain at my home since the beginning of the year. Ouch. My yard has felt the pain. BUT, I went to bed last evening listening to the rain and woke this morning to find, you guessed it, RAIN! Can't say I'll ever take rain for granted again. Well, I suppose I could say it, but I'd be wrong.

#2. This morning a man by the name of Tom McDermott (www.tommcdermott.com) visited my kiddos school. He's a storyteller, author, singer and, I quickly learned, a man of great talent. One of the story's he told left the theater of listeners with the message that it's great to be filled with hundreds of thousands of thoughts but more important to be guided by one really good one. Something to think about in this "mine" world where enough is never ever enough and very much like writing.

#3. James Taylor. Love, love, love him. He played in town last evening. I missed out. I really did. Seems James autographed nearly everything in sight during intermission. A fellow crazy James Taylor fan I know got the chance to speak to James and check something off her bucket list in the process. Man, oh, man. Oh, it seemed she was somehow able to keep her wits about her and HAVE A T-SHIRT SIGNED FOR ME!

How sweet it is....

2 comments:

  1. 1# LOVE the rain as well. We have had plenty here in Maryland. Love the sound of it and feeling cozy at home.

    3# LOVE LOVE LOVE JT. He is one of my faves as well!!!!! I've been to quite a few of his concerts, but none in the recent years. Good to know he is loved by the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaahhhhh Maryland. It's on my list Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete